With the aim of imparting Juyan’s knowledge and enthusiasm for tea, this online class are designed to be both educational and practical.
This Silver Needle White Tea class is specially designed for anyone who love White Tea and want to dive deeper to find out more about the delicate tea. Silver Needle White Tea, also known as Bai Hao Yin Zhen, amongst white teas, this is the most expensive variety and the most prized, as only the year’s first new buds (leaf shoots) of the camellia sinensis plant are used to produce the tea.
I have chosen three individual Silver Needle White Teas, plus one aged Silver Needle all produced by Master Ye Fang Yang, who was born in a tea-making family and devoted all his lift to tea. Each tea is from Master Ye’s three different farms where he uses no pesticides or artificial fertilisers and he believes that white tea should be reflect the local terroir and ecosystem on which it is grown and be absolute free of any impurities.
During this class, we will brew and taste side by side to compare the three teas demonstrating the effect of cultivar, difference in terroir, as well as the age of trees. For learning and understanding what an aged white tea would be like, I have contributed one of my personal collection – a seven-year old Silver Needle, which will allow us to compare the effect of resting with teas. You will notice that each Silver Needle tea has its individual character, but all are distinguished by their balance, clarity of taste and long-lasting sweetness.
This class includes 10g of the following teas:
- Silver Needle White Tea – Nine Peak Mountain (harvested spring 2020)
- Silver Needle White Tea – Bai Ma Gang (harvested spring 2020)
- Silver Needle White Tea – Yu Shan Island (harvested spring 2020)
- 7-year-old Silver Needle White Tea – Yu Shan Island (harvested spring 2013)
DATE: 28th April 2021
TIME: 18:00 - 20:00 (GMT time zone)
PLACE: Online Zoom Meeting
HOW IT WORKS:
Once you purchase your ticket. We will ship the tea samples that you will be tasting. We will email you the Zoom link for joining the session two days before the class.
- Due to shipping time, there is the register deadline so we can ensure your tea arrives on time.
UK mainland: please book the session ONE WEEK (including weekends) minimum in advance. Free shipping.
For E.U. residents: please book your session 10 DAYS (including weekends) minimum in advance. There will be £12 shipping charge for the tea samples or free shipping if you are ordering other teas for over £80.
For the rest of the world: please book your session FOUR WEEKS (including weekends) minimum in advance. If you are not sure how long to take to ship tea to you from UK, please email us to check. Shipping cost will be added at the checkout or free shipping for the total order of £250.
- To ensure everyone gets a quality learning time, this class will only take 6 attendees maximum for each workshop.
Recording: we will email you the recording after the live class so that you can watch again or if you cannot attend on the day.
WHAT YOU NEED?
For this class, you will follow Juyan to brew four teas, so please prepare the following practical items:
- Brewing vessel: a Gaiwan up to 100ml, or a small teapot under 150ml or a Yixing Teapot which you are using for Wu Yi Rock Tea.
- A kettle with a heat source
- Water: filtered tap water if possible or bottled water with pH 6.8-7 and
- A Cha Hai, a tea pitcher or any matching size decanting vessel
- A tea tray, or any flat tray, or a towel for catching / wiping spillages during brewing.
If you have any questions, please email me.