Harvest Time and Processing
1. Plucking: One young shoot with two or three opened leaves are hand-picked in the early May 2018 which is much later than most regions for its first plucking because the tea plantation is located at high altitude with cooler temperature making leaves growing much slower.
2. Withering for about 7 - 8 hours depending on the weather condition.
3. Rolling: to break the leaves cells but without breaking the leave surface.
4. Placing the rolled leaves in a bamboo basket for oxidisation
5. Heating process to halt enzyme oxidation
7. Sorting - taking out the stems and unqualified leaves